Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week 12

Easter was this past Sunday but it didn't feel like it. I was really wishing to be home because they don't celebrate Easter like we do and with my host family they don't do anything special. So I really missed spending Easter with my mom this year (but its okay because she bought me a chocolate bunny for when I come home). On Monday a few of us wanted to go to Parque de Aguas ( a cool water and light show) and it was only after we took a cab all the way out there that we realized they are closed on Mondays. So we went to the KFC down the street instead (which I was very much okay with). And the rest of the week was filled with class as usual. But ever since the fall semester has started here there have been so many people on campus (and I thought there were a lot in the summer!) I have to get used to going on campus all over again because now there are many more people that stare as we walk across campus. Anyway, I am very excited for this weekend because this Saturday is World Autism Awareness Day were people all over will be lighting it up blue for autism awareness! So I started searching online to see if I could find a light it up blue event in Lima that I could go to. I found an organization called Soy Autista y Que and they raise awareness for autism and will be having a Luz Azul event at Parque de Aguas this Saturday! I am also excited to say that we will be going to the Amazon in two weeks! We have bought our plane tickets, figured out what tours we will be doing and I am ready to go on another adventure.

I only have one picture this week. UPC before the fall semester started (much better, less people)

No comments:

Post a Comment