Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 11

Not a whole lot happened this past week so this will be a fairly short post. On St. Patrick's day instead of having class we all met up in Central Lima to watch the changing of the guards in the Plaza de Armas. After a very hot, slightly scary, hour and a half taxi ride, we missed the changing of the guard due to all of the traffic that day. So we decided to just walk around the Plaza and found china town. Some of the group stopped to eat Chinese food while the rest of us found some much needed ice cream instead. The next day I woke up and we didn't have any water in our house. And according the my host mom neither did the rest of the neighborhood. They were told it would come back on a four that afternoon. But it didn't, and it didn't come back on Saturday either. Even though I felt gross from not being able to shower I knew I needed to get out of the house for a little while, so I decided to go to the movies with a couple of the girls. Danielle and Ahnika were already at the theater so Shelby and I met up at UPC to take the bus. We asked the driver if he was going where we needed to go and he said yes so we got on. A little while later he took a turn and started to go in the opposite direction of the theater. After panicking for a minute we decided to stay on and see if he would start to make his way around in the right direction. He didn't, he also didn't ever stop to let people off, so we started to get a little irritated. By the time we were able to get off we had managed to make it all the way to Miraflores. And we actually ran into Yurina (what are the odds of that?). Anyway we found a theater in Miraflores and watched our movie there instead and then headed home (needless to say we took a taxi back). It was about one in the morning when I got home and I checked one last time to see if the water had come back on and it finally did! (so of course I took a shower at 1:30 a.m.)  And the rest of the week was filled with lots of sleeping, Netflix, and class. But I am happy to say we are officially going to the Amazon! I bought my tickets for Iquitos and we leave April 13th!

And I only have a few pictures for this week.
China town
 It was very crowded 

 We found lots of puppies in Central Lima :)

No comments:

Post a Comment