Thursday, March 3, 2016

Halfway

Exactly two months from now my time in Peru will be over. I can't decide whether I am excited or disappointed by that. We have been here for almost two months now and it feels like I just got here. It won't be long before I have to go back home but I feel like I need more time here. As much as I am ready to be in a familiar place again I don't want to leave so soon. I need more time to practice speaking Spanish, more time to learn the language, and more time to explore this beautiful country and the ones surrounding it. And as much as I would love to come back speaking fluently in Spanish that just won't happen with the time I get here. So I am making the most of the time I have here and trying to learn as much as I can, though right now it feels like I have not improved at all. But even though I won't come back speaking perfect Spanish I have gained so many other experiences just in the two months that I have been here. Living in a city of 8 million people, traveling without my family, and being away from home for so long have all been huge adjustments for me but they are helping me become so much more independent. So I won't be disappointed that I won't come home fluent in Spanish because my time here was not wasted. I have enjoyed my time here and although some days I feel like I am ready to come home I know that when I finally do go home I will wish I could have stayed longer. Anyway this past weekend wasn't very eventful, celebrated Ahnika's birthday, went to the cat park and bought a book. But this weekend we will be very busy because tomorrow we leave for Cusco to go see Machu Picchu!


1 comment:

  1. I miss you Gabi!!! It looks like you are seeing some pretty outstanding things and doing your best to make the best of it. When I was away I went through the same emotions of wanting to be home, but knowing as soon as I got home I would be in awe that it was over and wish I could be back. Keep pushing through those tough moments and know when you come back it will be as if you haven't missed a beat. Sure, things are happening, but what you are experiencing is so much more exciting and this is precious, valuable time you will remember for the rest of your life. I love you so much and can't wait to see more posts!

    ReplyDelete