Thursday, February 25, 2016

Weekend in Paracas


Last week we started off the weekend by spending a couple hours on U.S. soil. And by that I mean we took a field trip to the United States Embassy, which is only about a 15 minute walk from my house here in Lima. The woman we talked to was amazing and she made me question what I really want to do after college. But I don't think I will be changing my major anytime soon. I just know that traveling in the future is a must for me. On Friday we got up very early to meet at the bus station for a weekend trip to Paracas. We didn't have first class seats on the bus but it was only four hours this time instead of 20 hours so I'm not complaining. The hotel we were staying in was a five star resort and it was wonderful. When we got there the rooms were not ready yet so we changed into our swim suits and hung out by the pool for a few hours (it over looked the ocean). Our hotel were great, queen sized beds, fluffy pillows, and air conditioning! After we got our things settled in our rooms I found a hammock to lay in by the beach, which was very relaxing until I looked up and saw the biggest, creepiest looking spider I had ever seen hanging above my head. Needless to stay I stayed away from the hammocks for the rest of the weekend. Later that night we ordered pizza and then sat in the hot tub for awhile. On Saturday we got up early to take a boat ride out to Islas Ballestas, it is a well known Island of Peru for its sea lions. There we saw hundreds of sea lions and their pups on the island, there were also thousands of birds flying all around (which was only slightly terrifying), dolphins that swan in front of our boat, and even a couple of penguins! The rest of the day was spent by the pool. Sunday was not as eventful, there was a small museum at the resort that we toured but other than that I spent the day napping and packing to head back to Lima. I am sad we had to leave so soon, I miss doing nothing by the pool all day. But we have a weekend off from traveling and then the weekend after this one we go to Machu Picchu! 
 


 Oreo Milkshake :)


 Sea lions 

 Penguins! 


 More sea lions




 The best dessert ever. 








The museum at the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment