Thursday, March 10, 2016

Machu Picchu

This weekend we got a chance to see one of the seven wonders of the world. We started off early in the morning on Friday for our flight to Cusco. When we landed we explored Cusco and visited a beautiful Cathedral. The next day we took a two hour bus ride to a train which took us another two hours to a town called Aguas Calientes and the ride there was absolutely gorgeous, it still amazes me how beautiful this country is. Anyway the town that we went to is at the bottom of Machu Picchu. We then took another 30 minute bus ride up the mountain to get to Machu Picchu. The view was incredible. I can't even put into words how beautiful it is there. I've seen so many pictures of it but actually being there and seeing it with my own eyes felt unreal. I cannot wait until the day I can go back and climb to the top. On Sunday we went to a couple of smaller towns around Cusco, saw more of the country side, and did some shopping. And then sadly on Monday we had to leave Cusco to go back to the much hotter and much larger city of Lima and get back to classes. But I won't stay sad for too long because I know some day I will find my way back. And I know that this blog post may be a little short for it being about one of the best places I will go to while I am here but I figure my pictures will do it better justice.  






































No comments:

Post a Comment